Welcome to the Brickhouse Inn
Located in downtown historic Gettysburg, PA, the Brickhouse Inn is a premier award-winning bed and breakfast. The accommodations at the Brickhouse Inn are located in two buildings. The larger of the two buildings (with eight guest rooms), a Victorian mansion, was built in 1898, and has been restored with authentic furnishings. The Welty House, the other building (with six guest rooms) was built in 1838 and was occupied by Confederate soldiers during the Battle of Gettysburg.
We have reached a landmark 1,700 five-star reviews on TripAdvisor!
For families, especially with young children, have a look at our six historic Gettysburg vacation rentals. They are separately managed but are all in downtown Gettysburg.
Now is a great time to order a Gift Certificate. You can call us, or you can order one on-line (click on the button at the top of this page).
- We are listed by ‘Business Insider’ as one of 50 Top B&Bs in America.
- HotelsCombined, one of the world’s leading hotel price platforms named the Brickhouse Inn as “PA’s Best Small City Hotel.”
- We’ve been awarded TripAdvisor’s 2018 Certificate of Excellence, our 6th year in a row.
We have celebrated our 13th Anniversary of owning the Brickhouse Inn. Thanks to all the wonderful guests who have stayed with us, and to our great, loyal staff!
We won Best B&B in Gettysburg, sponsored by Celebrate Gettysburg magazine, for three years in a row! Here are some of the reasons why:
- Gettysburg’s premier, award-winning bed & breakfast.
- Rated one of the top B&Bs in Gettysburg by TripAdvisor for the past six years. Awarded TripAdvisor’s Certificate of Excellence for 2011 – 2018.
- Choose from two historic buildings: 1838 bullet-scarred Welty House & 1898 Victorian mansion.
- Ideally located in the downtown historic area.
- Within easy walking distance of most shops & restaurants, museums, and ghost tours.
- Free off-street parking in rear of buildings.
- A wide selection of rooms and suites (all with private bathrooms), some with private balcony porches.
- Modern air-conditioning/heating units in all rooms for individual temperature control.
- Free Wi-Fi in all the rooms and gardens.
- Set in beautiful gardens with a koi pond and waterfalls – an oasis in the town.
- Packages to make your visit easier to plan.
- The Culp’s Hill section of the battlefield is less than a minute’s walk behind the inn.
- Two-minute walk to the Soldiers’ Cemetery (where President Lincoln gave the Gettysburg Address).
Is the Brickhouse Inn haunted? The simple answer is – we don’t know! We don’t think there’s a resident ghost. Legend says that two or three Confederates were killed in the Welty House. So who knows? If your interest is in ghost stories, check out our packages for evening walking tours and an exclusive driving tour.