Welcome to the Brickhouse Inn
Good news! Gettysburg is open for business! Restaurants can serve meals inside, at reduced capacity (50%), and the museums are open most days with social distancing. The National Military Park and the Soldiers’ Cemetery are open every day. The Visitor Center (museum, movie and Cyclorama) is open Thursday through Monday until March 30, after which it is open every day.
We are so looking forward to having all our guests back! Your safety is our greatest concern.
- Masks will be worn by all our staff, at all times
- Our inside & outside breakfast areas allow you to social distance
- Rooms will be thoroughly sanitized before & after each guest
- Relaxing in our gardens, patios & porches allow guests the comfort of being well apart
Licensed Battlefield Guides are allowed to take visitors for tours around the National Military Park (the Battlefield). The Guide drives from point-to-point in his/her vehicle, followed by the visitors in their vehicle. Please call us for details of these tours.
Located in downtown historic Gettysburg, PA, the Brickhouse Inn is a premier award-winning bed and breakfast. The accommodations at the Brickhouse Inn are located in two buildings. The larger of the two buildings (with eight guest rooms), a Victorian mansion, was built in 1898, and has been restored with authentic furnishings. The Welty House, the other building (with six guest rooms) was built in 1838 and was occupied by Confederate soldiers during the Battle of Gettysburg.
Check out some special winter tours in and around Gettysburg on our Special Events page.
We have reached a landmark 1,900 five-star reviews on TripAdvisor! Also, we are now in the TripAdvisor Hall of Fame, for achieving their Certificate of Excellence for seven consecutive years.
For families, especially with young children, have a look at our six historic Gettysburg vacation rentals. They are separately managed but are all in downtown Gettysburg.
Now is a great time to order a Gift Certificate. You can call us, or you can order one on-line (click on the button at the top of this page).
- We are listed by ‘Business Insider’ as one of 50 Top B&Bs in America.
- HotelsCombined, one of the world’s leading hotel price platforms named the Brickhouse Inn as “PA’s Best Small City Hotel.”
- We’ve been awarded TripAdvisor’s Travelers’ Choice (8 consecutive years of Certificate of Excellence).
We have celebrated our 15th Anniversary of owning the Brickhouse Inn. Thanks to all the wonderful guests who have stayed with us, and to our great, loyal staff!
We won Best B&B in Gettysburg, sponsored by Celebrate Gettysburg magazine, for three years in a row! Here are some of the reasons why:
- Gettysburg’s premier, award-winning bed & breakfast.
- Rated one of the top B&Bs in Gettysburg by TripAdvisor for the past seven years. Awarded TripAdvisor’s Certificate of Excellence for 2011 – 2020.
- Choose from two historic buildings: 1838 bullet-scarred Welty House & 1898 Victorian mansion.
- Ideally located in the downtown historic area.
- Within easy walking distance of most shops & restaurants, museums, and ghost tours.
- Free off-street parking in rear of buildings.
- A wide selection of rooms and suites (all with private bathrooms), some with private balcony porches.
- Modern air-conditioning/heating units in all rooms for individual temperature control.
- Free Wi-Fi in all the rooms and gardens.
- Set in beautiful gardens with a koi pond and waterfalls – an oasis in the town.
- Packages to make your visit easier to plan.
- The Culp’s Hill section of the battlefield is less than a minute’s walk behind the inn.
- Two-minute walk to the Soldiers’ Cemetery (where President Lincoln gave the Gettysburg Address).
Is the Brickhouse Inn haunted? The simple answer is – we don’t know! We don’t think there’s a resident ghost. Legend says that two or three Confederates were killed in the Welty House. So who knows? If your interest is in ghost stories, check out our packages for evening walking tours and an exclusive driving tour.